checkedint call removal

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 11:39:24 PDT 2014

"Wyatt"  wrote in message news:duoyilszsehayiffprls at forum.dlang.org...

> Something (possibly the thing where "For fastest executables, compile with
> the -O -release -inline -boundscheck=off" is standard advice to anyone
> asking about performance) tells me this point needs to be made MUCH more
> clear wherever possible or the ghost of Scott Meyers will haunt us all.
> But that it's even a problem tells me we're facing a pattern of human
> error.  Is there no good way to eliminate it?

Well, that will give you the fastest possible code.  But there is no
guarantee that small mistakes won't blow up in your face.  It could be
hidden behind another compiler switch (-release is really a terrible name,
maybe -livefastdieyoung ?  -noparachute
? -drinkthemysteyliquidreadthelabellater ?) but chances are it will be
abused no matter what.