checkedint call removal

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 16:51:52 PDT 2014

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> Far as I can understand yes, there is distinction between
> "assert" and "assume". I don't find it as material as it would
> need to be to make "assume" a language feature.

I didn't ask for an assume() in this thread. I have
suggested/discussed/asked the inclusion in D of means to allow
library writers to create a struct type like a SafeInt (that
inside calls intrinsic functions like muls()) that manages the
values range about as well as built-in types like int. I have
asked this to allow optimizations typical of built-ins with
library-defined types too (in particular to replace the call to
muls with a regular faster multiplication).

Bye,
bearophile