checkedint call removal

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 22:56:33 PDT 2014

On 7/30/2014 10:16 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Walter Bright:
>> Show me a piece of code with different behavior. Start with the array bounds
>> thing.
> People have already shown you code that behaves differently with assert and
> assume.

I'd like to see what you are saying is different in a real example.

> But you have redefined "assert" to mean a mix of assume and assert.

I haven't redefined anything. It's always been that way. It's used that way in
C/C++ (see your Microsoft C++ link).

> So before me answering you have to switch back to use the common definition of
> assert().

I'm asking what your notion of what assert and assume are, and how that would
affect the array bounds checking example.