checkedint call removal

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 31 13:10:43 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 31 July 2014 at 13:37:42 UTC, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Because (in C/C++) assertions just vanish when NDEBUG isn't
> defined, it would never occur to me that they have any
> influence on such (release mode) builds.

Yes, all standards require this for good reason. I don't know why
Walter and Andrei thinks conforming C  can do anything else than
ignoring assert in release builds:

«
If NDEBUG is defined as a macro name before the inclusion of this
header, the assert() macro shall be defined simply as:

#define assert(ignore)((void) 0)
»

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/assert.h.html