assume, assert, enforce, @safe

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 31 15:02:13 PDT 2014

On 7/31/2014 10:57 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> I believe gdc has the full suite of gcc optimiser flags available. You don't
> need to just slap -O3 on and then complain about the changes it makes, you can
> choose with a reasonable amount of precision which optimisations you do/don't
> want done.

DMC++ has similar switches, but nobody uses them, and they are pretty much
useless anyway, because:

1. you need to be a compiler guy to know what they mean - very few people know
what "code hoisting" is

2. it's the combination of optimizations that produces results - they are not
independent of each other

This is why I didn't include such switches in DMD.