assume, assert, enforce, @safe

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 31 21:12:35 PDT 2014

On 7/31/2014 2:21 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Thoughts?

If a process detects a logic error, then that process is in an invalid state
that is unanticipated and unknown to the developer. The only correct solution is
to halt that process, and all processes that share memory with it.

Anything less is based on faith and hope. If it is medical, flight control, or
banking software, I submit that operating on faith and hope is not acceptable.

If it's a dvr or game, who cares :-) My dvr crashes regularly needing a power
off reboot.