Redesign of dlang.org

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 1 07:14:00 PDT 2014

Am 01.06.2014 11:54, schrieb w0rp:
> On Sunday, 1 June 2014 at 03:26:30 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> The problem with diet is it compiles directly to D code, hence forth
>> its not really possible at the moment.
>> However as I believe Sonke has said previous it is out of scope of
>> Vibe. Its actually in the scope of Cmsed instead.
>>
>> I have looked into doing just this, reloading of templates. And from
>> what I can ascertain reliably we need shared library support. While
>> this is doable upon Linux, it isn't on Windows. Until its available on
>> Windows I will not use it.
>>
>> My thread on the dub forum is here[0].
>> Basically I am also blocked by dub, to be able to grab all the
>> previous templates ext. From libraries and push them into a findable
>> place at runtime.
>
> I would also consider using a different template engine entirely, one
> which is less powerful but which can be automatically recompiled at
> runtime. I would consider something with diet syntax, but where only
> some of the D language parts actually work. (The '-' syntax parts.)

I thought there was a ticket open to let Diet templates automatically
recompile in the background for development, but didn't find one - newly
opened ticket: [1]. I definitely consider that particular feature within
the scope of vibe.d (in contrast to dynamic loading of high level
components), but I'm currently lacking the time to implement it myself.

For the big text content pages, it may make sense to stay with DDOC and
use the DDOC processor of DDOX [2]. Another possibility would be to use
enhanced Markdown. Unfortunately the Markdown compiler in vibe.d doesn't
currently support tables, though (although those can of course be
inserted using inline HTML).

[1]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/676
[2]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/blob/master/source/ddox/ddoc.d