Redesign of dlang.org

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 05:43:10 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 12:28:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I kind of like it. It would be nice to see examples of a couple
> of other pages as well. The menus are removed when the width of
> the page gets too small. I assume they're supposed to become a
> collapsed drop down menu like this:
> http://getbootstrap.com/examples/starter-template/

Yes, I plan to follow the usual pattern for having a drop down
menu for small screens, I just haven't impelemented it yet.
(Bootstrap should make this easy.)

> Try that with livereload as well. For CSS it doesn't need to
> reload the whole page, it just inserts the new CSS.

I don't need to recompile when I make CSS changes thankfully, but
a lot of experimenting with page layout means rapidly changing
page content, so that means changing HTML. The problem isn't too
severe, but the cycle could be made a bit tighter with automatic
recompilation of diet templates, which Sönke says is possible
with about a week of work or so. (Sönke is *the man* and has
addressed a lot of my concerns in a timely manner in the past.)