Redesign of dlang.org

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 05:45:41 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 12:42:02 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 01/06/14 07:50, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> Contrast level is still a bit high though. The current
>> dlang.org also
>> has this problem because of the use of white. I am not pushing
>> dark grey
>> on light grey with spot colour (which is how Apple started out
>> and still
>> use a lot) but something with less contrast might lead to a
>> nice brand
>> imagery. Red, brown and black are clearly the base for a D
>> brand, so
>> maybe washed out red-brown background rather than white. I
>> haven't tried
>> this, it's just an idea – which may turn out to be rubbish.
>
> I tried and changed the background color of the #page-wrapper
> element to #CCCCCC. I think that looks good, although I usually
> prefer lighter themes.

By the way, feel free to contribute to development of the new
site if you want to, and this goes for everyone who's interested
in helping out. https://github.com/w0rp/new-dlang.org

I'm currently in the process of breaking down the change log into
smaller pages, as the change log was getting near to 1MB of HTML.
At this point, working on anything but the change log page could
be helpful.