[OT] Extra time spent

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 10:41:01 PDT 2014

On 6/1/2014 7:59 PM, w0rp wrote:
> I can't get enough of programming myself. I'm only 25 at the moment, but
> programming has been endless fun for me.

I always used to be like that (hell, I was *known* for that). But then
once I started doing it for $ that quickly sucked most of the enjoyment
out of it. Seems to be that everything changes when you're doing
something as a job instead of just for the heck of it.

Like cooking: The worst jobs I've ever had (by far) were in restaurants,
but I've slowly been enjoying cooking at home more and more. Last night
I've even cooked up a little something just to unwind, which was quite a
strange first for me.

Anyway, point being, doing something for a paycheck always seems to
change it just enough to suck all the fun out of it. At least for me anyway.