[OT] Extra time spent

Ary Borenszweig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 11:26:28 PDT 2014

On 6/1/14, 4:10 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-05-30 18:17, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>
>> No. You open a pull request. Or reopen and redefine the wrong code ;-)
>
> The beauty of Ruby, just monkey patch the bug :)

In my opinion, even though this seems ugly, when you need to ship code
and the library you are using is fine except for a small issue, and you
don't have time to send a pull request and wait for it to get fixed,
that is a very handy solution.

Another one is forking the project and pointing your dependency to it,
which lately I'm doing more and more.