Status of getting CDGC into druntime

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 12:04:01 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 12:13:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

> There is nothing to merge right now, porting has not been
> completed.

To be fair, I had CDGC running on D2 almost 4 years ago:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/tree/CDGC

But the D2 GC has been updated a lot since CDGC was created, and
someone needs to review those changes and figure out what changes
need to be made to CDGC to make it current.  That might be as
simple as adding a few more flags, but it's possible that other
fixes happened that should be applied to CDGC as well.

What I did at the time I created the CDGC branch was diff our GC
now vs. the code from when Druntime was created (the SVN repo on
dsource.org).  It shouldn't be more than a bunch of busywork for
someone to figure out which changes are relevant and apply them,
but it's busywork no one has wanted to do yet.