[OT] Apple introduces Swift as Objective-C sucessor

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 16:54:26 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 23:12:15 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 23:01:56 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 22:53:10 UTC, ponce wrote:
>>> - no exceptions (!)
>>
>> How do they do error handling ?
>
> I guess error codes, a proven technology!

Well, for sure it is proven :D It is proven to never be checked !

> The lack of exceptions put this language firmly in the
> "irrelevant" bracket.

I wouldn't do it that fast. I mean it is apple. You just had to
see the look in the eyes of peoples during the keynote. They were
listening to god itself. Apple could pull anything and would be
using it.

And quite frankly it can't be worse than Objective C, so people
will be using on iOS.