D's gui controls need a cool control for DataBase Programming

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 02:31:26 PDT 2014

On 3/06/2014 9:11 p.m., FrankLike wrote:
> Now,D is very cool for System Programming,but it's not cool for
> Database Programming. It needs some controls such as
> Calendar,DataTimePicker, DataGrid,DataView etc. DataGrid can
> display a lot of data ,such as Chinese chars ,and filter
> them,DataGrid's 'Data Source' maybe the DataView,DataView is not
> be visible,and it can save a lot of data,and filter them.Now,only
> DWT can work,but it's not easy to use.So D need some cool control
> do it,DGui,DFL...,who can do that better ?
>
> Frank

If somebody was to design (fully) how a set of controls for D would look
and act like I may have a go at building an OpenGL based GUI toolkit. It
was part of why I gave up on DOOGLE. Don't have that skill set.

When I say design gui controls I mean, everything from buttons to list
boxes. And every single pixel, color the lot.