Performance

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 04:30:48 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:57:24 +0000
schrieb "Thomas" <t.leichner at arcor.de>:

> My PC is 5 years old. Of course I used your flags. Besides I am
> not an idiot, I am programming since 20 years and used 6
> different programming languages. I did't post that just for fun,
> for I am evaluating D as language for numerical programming.
>
> Thomas

You posted a comparing benchmark between 3 languages providing
only the source code for one and didn't even run an optimized
compile. That had me thinking. :)
Back on topic: Any chance we can see the C++ code so we can
compare more directly? It's hard to compare the numbers only
for the D version when everyone has different system specs.
Also you say your PC is 5 years old. Is your system 32-bit
then? That would certainly effect the efficiency of loading and
storing 64-bit floating point values and might be a clue in
the right direction. I don't want to believe that the OS has
an effect on a loop that doesn't make any calls to the OS.

--
Marco