Performance of std.json

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 08:26:40 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 at 06:39:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 02/06/14 21:13, Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to wonder if I
>> should just try and get permission from work to open source my
>> parser so I can submit it.
>
> That would be awesome. Is it written in D or was it C++ ?

It's written in C, and so would need an overhaul regardless.  The
user basically assigns a bunch of function pointers for the
callbacks.  Using the parser at this level is really kind of
difficult because you have to create a state machine for parsing
anything reasonably complex, so what I usually do is nest calls
to foreachObjectField and foreachArrayElem.  I'm wondering if we
can't do something similar here, but with corresponding
ForwardRanges instead of the opApply style.