[OT] Extra time spent

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 09:06:16 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-03 17:23, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> Monkey patching can be done in D too if you're crazy enough to try it :P

Sure, but it's a lot easier and more convenient to do in Ruby.

> use pragma(mangle) to replace library functions with your own versions...

Can you call the original function somehow if pragma(mangle) is used?

There was also an old D1 library, flectioned [1],  that could do
something similar, if I recall correctly. Although, it only worked for
Windows and Linux, which I don't use.

[1] http://flectioned.kuehne.cn/

--
/Jacob Carlborg