[OT] Extra time spent

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 11:14:29 PDT 2014

On 6/2/2014 11:55 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I'm also listening to music on the phone.

I've damaged my ears from years of loud engines. I've read that most hearing
damage comes from gunshots, rock concerts, and earphones. When using earphones
in public, one tends to turn up the volume to drown out the ambient noise.
Worrying about that, I just don't use earphones in public.

The music is on 24/7 at home, so I don't miss not having it elsewhere.

But having an ereader has made traveling far more pleasant. Even long airline
flights are much less of an endurance test when I've got my library with me.

BTW, for you young fellers, hearing damage shows up years or even decades after
the insult. The doc told me it was much like grass - walk on it a few times, and
the grass isn't affected. Walk on it constantly, and you kill it.