Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 03:09:43 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 4 June 2014 at 10:02:49 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
> It debug builds ldc fast as dmd does.

I once had a program where it took considerably longer (in
development mode) than dmd. Then again, the code did some XML
parsing with std.xml* (shudder!). In release mode it took ldc a
long time to compile (and optimize), but I have to say that it
was lightning fast after that. I usually use dmd for development
and ldc for delivery (on Linux).

*got finally rid of that bit altogether :)