[OT] Extra time spent

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 03:21:28 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 at 18:05:54 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/2/2014 6:58 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> A friend of mine (not a techie) has a (non-Pro) Surface and
>> loves it.
>
> I had a look at the new Pro Surface at the Microsoft store
> yesterday. They've fixed the screen, meaning it's much sharper
> and more readable. I don't know why this feature isn't promoted
> more.
>
> I also visited the Apple store. The laptops, while having
> excellent displays, still don't have touch screens. Touch isn't
> of much use on a desktop, but I find it adds a lot with a
> laptop.

They want to sell their iPads and iPhones. I have a laptop with
touch screen now. It's convenient when you have it on your lap
and don't need to navigate the cursor with the trackpad. Just
touch it like a baby would. (Excellent for clicking ads away when
on youtube!)

I guess Apple will finally have touch screen laptops too, as soon
as they realize that a lot of people prefer other brands to
Apple, because of this. And of course, then it will be _the
revolution of the century_! :-))))