Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 07:53:59 PDT 2014

On 4 June 2014 15:42, FrankLike via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>> Developers develop dmd so ldc stays alone.
>

> No,LDC is not easy to use as dmd,it must configure by Developers ,if it has
> the oneClickSetup,then many Developers like it.

Not even remotely true.  DMD isn't easy to set-up either.

1) There's no documentation on build dependencies/prerequesites (that
I have come across)
2) While there's no configure, it instead offloads all complexity into
it's make files forcing you to correctly set every single ENV=
parameters in order for it to build properly.

I've never managed to get it built properly, so I rely on the
autotester a lot for changes.

This leads quite nicely into a new point.  Autotester support for
GDC/LDC!  *looks at Brad*