Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 09:30:13 PDT 2014

Am 04.06.2014 18:25, schrieb Kai Nacke:
> On Wednesday, 4 June 2014 at 16:20:40 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Am 04.06.2014 14:21, schrieb Temtaime:
>> Ldc for example still does not support windows 64 bit. And that is
>> just one of the things thats wrong with it on windows.
>
> Yes, a very well known lack of exception handling support in LLVM.
>
> Volunteers are welcome, see here: http://reviews.llvm.org/D3418
>
> Regards,
> Kai

I already have to contributions planned to dmd as soon as I'm done with
my master thesis. Also I don't see ldc beeing to usefull to me. I would
mainly use it for optimized release builds. I need it to integrate into
Visual Studio, be debuggable using a visual debugger (preferably the
visual studio one). So for now I'm going to stick to contributions that
will benefit me in the short term.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut