New pointer type for GC

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 11:16:25 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 13:44:22 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> I would switch to a D fork in an instant if it satisfied my
> requirements...

Maybe the best approach is to

1. Start with the basic requirements and acceptable restrictions
and shrink the semantics to fit them. Then use the DScanner
source code as a starting point and emit LLVM asm, and make sure
the runtime fits with the restrictions of PNACL and asm.js.

2. Then accept new semantics/syntax and rather provide
source2source converters with warnings from D, Swift etc. Safari
is currently working on improving their JS compiler with LLVM
tech so asm.js might perform good on all platforms eventually.

Here is one benchmark based on Box2D:

http://www.j15r.com/blog/2014/05/23/Box2d_2014_Update

(What are your "absolute" requirements?)