[OT] Extra time spent

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 11:36:43 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 09:30:32AM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 6/3/2014 11:38 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> >I can't have music on at work
>
> I understand that. But can you have it on at a barely perceptible
> volume at your desk? That's usually enough for me.

I find that music distracts my ability to think clearly, especially when
coding or solving a complex algorithmic / mathematical problem. Oddly
enough, non-intelligible background noise actually helps (probably
because it drowns out other distracting noises, like background talking,
etc.).

Real Programmers use "cat > a.out".