Using up-to-date GDC [was Re: Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?]

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 4 22:30:10 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 20:25 +0100, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> I have an OSX box to start porting.  But there's a couple druntime
> related problems I need to have a proper sit down about.  These are
> mostly TLS-related problems.  DMD insists on doing something wildly
> different for each target.  I insist on having a common way of doing
> everything.
>
> Once builds start succeeding, they will come.

LDC is (relatively) easy to build: for Git repository, run cmake for
each platform to create platform specific builds, run (make clean &&
make && make install && make clean).

Is there a similarly easy way of building GDC?

Building and using the very latest version of compilers, and reporting
any issues, is a very easy way for me to chip in some effort.

(For DMD though I am just lazy, I take whatever is on D-Apt for Debian,
manually install release RPMs for Fedora – why isn't there a version of
D in RPMFusion? – and whatever is in MacPorts for OSX.)
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk