[OT] Extra time spent

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 01:46:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 13:57:13 -0400
Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I know from direct observational experience that, depending on the
> company, keeping one's job (or even getting one in the first place)
> is not always dependent on one's ability to actually do the job at
> all.

When I started having to do interviews at work, I was shocked at how bad most
of the candidates were - many of whom have had jobs as programmers for years.
And there a number of folks who are already employed where I work who are bad
enough that I don't know how they ever got the job or how they've kept it
beyond a reluctance to fire people on the part of management (especially when
the poor coder is a really nice person).

- Jonathan M Davis