Array bound checks removal increasing importance

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 02:36:52 PDT 2014

deadalnix:

>I think we should focus on solving problems that modern backend
>aren't capable to optimize.<

I agree. But those D snippets I have written are not able to show
what the backends are or aren't able to do. Generally if you
compile D code even with LDC2 you see a significant performance
difference in heavy-array processing code if you compile it with
or without -noboundscheck. I have seen this plenty of times. If
you want we can take a look at some benchnmarks.

Bye,
bearophile