Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 02:47:20 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-04 21:25, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> I have an OSX box to start porting.  But there's a couple druntime
> related problems I need to have a proper sit down about.  These are
> mostly TLS-related problems.  DMD insists on doing something wildly
> different for each target.  I insist on having a common way of doing
> everything.

Yeah, TLS seems to be a recurring problem. I would prefer to have native
support. I think it's ok to drop the support for 10.6 now.

> Once builds start succeeding, they will come.

Great.

BTW, is http://gdcproject.org/downloads/ a reliable source for
downloading GDC? Eventually I would like to add support for GDC to DVM
and I need a reliable source to download from, both the latest compiler
and older versions.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm

--
/Jacob Carlborg