Swift is based LLVM,what will the D's LDC do?

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 03:27:02 PDT 2014

On 5 June 2014 10:47, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 2014-06-04 21:25, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> I have an OSX box to start porting.  But there's a couple druntime
>> related problems I need to have a proper sit down about.  These are
>> mostly TLS-related problems.  DMD insists on doing something wildly
>> different for each target.  I insist on having a common way of doing
>> everything.
>

> Yeah, TLS seems to be a recurring problem. I would prefer to have native
> support. I think it's ok to drop the support for 10.6 now.
>

>> Once builds start succeeding, they will come.
>

> Great.
>
> BTW, is http://gdcproject.org/downloads/ a reliable source for downloading
> GDC? Eventually I would like to add support for GDC to DVM and I need a
> reliable source to download from, both the latest compiler and older
> versions.

I haven't tried hammering the server - it's a VM hosted on linode.
But if you mean if the compiler builds are reliable, then that answer
is yes.

I know that the Native Linux and ARM builds are passing the
testsuite/library unittests (as of the time they were built).