What can I do?

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 11:13:17 PDT 2014

Am 05.06.2014 20:01, schrieb Jeremy DeHaan:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been using D for a while now and I would very much like to
> contribute to the development of the language. Here's the problem: I
> know next to nothing about compilers or anything related to language
> design. So, my question is, how can someone like me help?
>
>       Jeremy

You could start off fixing druntime or phobos bugs. Those are usually
easier to fix and "only" require konwdelge of the D language and its
inner workings. If you feel familiar with druntime to a certain degeree
you can pick some dmd bugs that seem easy to you and try to find them.
Usually its a lot easier to hack dmd then you would expect. Compilers
are just software too.

If you don't want to contribute to the language directly you could also
write a library or create bindings for existing libraries and add it to
code.dlang.org

Also always helpfull is, if you find a bug, create a repro case for it
(take a look at dustmite) and submit that the the D bugtracker. A good
bug report helps a lot.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut