SurveyMonkey for D users OS - Results

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 06:58:47 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 13:34 +0000, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> At home, I got fed up tinkering GNU/Linux since my Slackware days
> (1995), as laptop support still tends to fall in some parts,
> namely graphics support, wireless chipsets and battery usage.

Is this still true? As far as I am aware nVIDIA and Intel graphics
support is fine on Linux, ditto Intel wifi support. My AMD card in my
dual graphics laptop is 4 years old and AMD have given up supporting it,
so that's a fail compared to nVIDIA who are still supporting my 7 year
old card.

As for battery life, my X201 still gives about 6 hours use per charge,
would Windows do any better?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk