dlang website: remove that quick try editor

John via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 8 17:19:16 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 8 June 2014 at 21:46:15 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:

> Yeah, it's really slow right now.
> Please contact the DPaste people and help to find out why.
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/home

Thanks for the link. I wrote to them through the message option
on their contact page:

Hi guys,

I understand you are responsible for the D quick try example
editor on the dlang.org

It is running very slow.. please either speed it up or remove
that feature from dlang website. It is turning off new visitors
from exploring D any further, leaving an impression that D
language itself is very slow!!

I have been randomly watching it for the past one year and I can
say it is always been slow to very slow. No good if you compare
it to the similar feature available on the golang website that
runs pretty quick.

Thanks,
John