Redesign of dlang.org

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 10 03:25:53 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 08:12:53 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> It's not heap allocations. The problem is that during CTFE,
> currently basically every variable change allocates memory that
> is never freed again. I've used a few tricks to get the memory
> usage down (which is why the Diet compiler source code doesn't
> look very pretty), but basically the only way to get reasonable
> memory use is to fix the D front end.

Indeed, this is a front end issue. I'm considering switching to
markdown files loaded at runtime for many pages. So I can create
only a few diet templates for basic layout, two column, generic
changelog template, etc, and then load Markdown content at
runtime and parse Markdown for generating the table of contents
automatically.