Redesign of dlang.org

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 10 08:00:17 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 14:54:32 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Markdown can be instantly understood by anyone who sees it.
> DDOC requires lookup/learning, even if you know how DDOC works,
> you still have to figure out what all the macros mean and do.
> And none of that is documented as far as I know.
>
> Flexibility isn't everything. The goal is to make it easy to be
> an author.

This. I use DDOC for actual documentation daily and still was
reluctant to spend time on figuring out what all those macros
mean and how to use those. Better spend time on something both
interesting and useful.

Flexibility is hardly important at all here.