Null pointer dereferencing in D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 10:15:14 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 14 June 2014 at 16:41:46 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
> ".init" should simply mean "the default bit state of the
> object". Let's not make it into anything more complicated than
> that.

I guess this is the root of disagreement. There is no place in
documentation that says that "T.init" is in any way unsafe or
dangerous, I see it as a perfectly casual feature often used in
any kind of generic code. Putting it in the same league as cast
which is explicitly designed to punch holes in the type system?
No way.