A Perspective on D from game industry

Abdulhaq via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 05:30:48 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 15 June 2014 at 11:28:12 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> http://c0de517e.blogspot.ca/2014/06/where-is-my-c-replacement.html?m=1
>
> The arguments against D are pretty weak if I'm honest, but I
> think it's important we understand what people think of D. I
> can confirm this sentiment is fairly common in the industry.
>
> Watch out for the little jab at Andrei :-P

Reading his summary of the alternatives I felt D came out clearly
on top, it's just that he didn't have the motivation to switch.

Towards the end he mentions the web, for me (as an application
developer rather than systems level guy) Android/iOS is the fly
in the ointment - I'm torn as to whether to invest my energies in
following D through its explorations or knuckling down and
learning the Android API - after all, JDK8 + tooling is bearable
now.