A Perspective on D from game industry

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 13:10:38 PDT 2014

On 6/15/2014 9:20 AM, Xinok wrote:
> Given that he lives in Italy, it's safe to assume that English is not his first
> language. But rather than consider what he has to say or dispute his arguments,
> you completely dismissed his point of view because his level of writing doesn't
> meet your standards.

Xinok does have a point that we all should be aware of.

I've found a very strong correlation between poor writing skills and
disorganized thinking.

(Your point about non-native English speakers is well taken, one must not
confuse unfamiliarity with English with disorganized thinking.)

I'm hardly the only one. If one wants their views to be taken seriously, pay
attention to spelling, grammar, paragraphs, organized writing, etc. There's an
awful lot of stuff to read on the internet, and poor writing often elicits a
"meh, I'll skip this one and move on" reaction.