A Perspective on D from game industry

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 15:40:52 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 15 June 2014 at 20:20:37 UTC, Brad Roberts via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> You'll likely toss me into the same boat as the post you're
> ranting about, but please, watch the misogynistic language here.

Unnecessarily offensive in the context, yes, but reasonable
people can and do disagree on whether it's misogynistic. In a lot
of places it's not even a gendered* insult**, despite it's
meaning.

Most swearing refers to genitalia or a specific subset (or
characteristic of that subset) of humanity, but that doesn't
necessarily make them active words of current oppression that
should be avoided.

*i.e. it's not targeted at women specifically and doesn't imply
any negative message about women. YMMV by location and social
group.

**it's barely an insult at all if you've got the right(?) Irish
friends.