Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 21:49:01 PDT 2014

On 6/15/2014 4:26 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 06/16/2014 01:06 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I don't understand your question. I don't know what is unhelpful about
>> saying that @safe refers to memory safety.
>
> You stated the two to be equivalent earlier, which is impossible.

It is for Java, why should D be different?

>> The list is not restricted to syntactic issues.
> (Yes it is,

No, it is not. For example, assigning an int to a pointer is a semantic issue,
not a semantic one.

> but that is not important because here the problem here is clearly
> that these terms have wildly different meanings in different communities.)

I don't think the distinction is hard to grasp.

> I'm just trying to find the definition/theorem we do not agree on.

I strongly suggest that you can help by identifying specific issues in bugzilla
and marking them with the 'safe' keyword, as I suggested earlier. I do not
believe that memory safety is a difficult concept to agree on.