Is D production-ready?

Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 16 03:39:40 PDT 2014

On Monday, 16 June 2014 at 10:24:46 UTC, John Petal wrote:
> Does D have a mature SFML or SDL binding?

http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-sfml2
and
http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-sdl2

Are available.

I have personally used the SDL2 bindings on both Windows and Mac
and they work perfectly so far. Just download the library
bindings from libsdl.org and go! For both SFML2 and SDL2, it uses
the C interface, so the tutorials using C are the ones you'll
want to pay attention to.

In addition, there's GFM: http://code.dlang.org/packages/gfm

It wraps SDL2 in a bit of a nicer interface (I had trouble using
gfm as a dependency since ~master references gfm:bgfx which
doesn't exist in the dub registry yet ... but gfm:sdl2 works when
used as the dependency, however, it's somewhat new and incomplete
... could use some contributions, I think)