Is D production-ready?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 16 04:45:37 PDT 2014

On 16/06/2014 11:14 p.m., seeker wrote:
> NO IT'S NOT!
> no working/incomplete windows headers for 32 and 64 bit.
> no gui or db lib and tons of abandoned libs and proggies that you
> mentioned.

Wow now.
For database libraries, there is a few choices out there currently.
Mysql, Mongodb, Redis and Postgresql. There's also a couple different ORM's.
If you really feel the need to get access to some more arcane database's
there is always OpenDBX (c library) but getting it to compile is a
little harder on Windows (library not the binding).

As for Windows headers, there is one set pretty well manually developed
floating around.
I also have my own version that was generated directly from MingW64's
headers. Not fully tested but so far not really any issues. So I'd say
almost fully complete (few edge cases I missed in the script).

> if your are on linux like most of the lieutenants and the vice-general
> you may be fine.

Majority of the time this isn't an issue unless its a 'new fangled
feature' like shared libraries. Now Mac OSX on the other hand..