Swift does away with pointers == pervasive ARC

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 16 09:09:27 PDT 2014

On Monday, 16 June 2014 at 15:16:44 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> Have I missed something, or is this a demonstration that it is
> actually practical?

All performance tests so far says Swift is slower than
Objective-C, which is slow to begin with, but it is still in Beta.

I don't think you are supposed to do signal processing in Swift,
most apps can be done with higher level/script-like programming
and leave the performance sensitive part to the rich iOS
frameworks.