Is D production-ready?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 17 03:32:30 PDT 2014

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:12:46 +0100
Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 11:10 +0000, Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > If you see "abandoned libraries", you're probably looking at
> > DSource, which is dead. Everything has long since moved to GitHub.
>
> If true, then it should be removed from the Web to avoid confusing
> potential new users. If there is still good, up-to-date stuff there
> then the dross should be removed leaving only that which is useful.

It's well known by the D community that most of dsource is abandoned and
useless at this point, but as I understand it, no one knows how to get ahold
of the fellow who runs it, so that makes it very difficult to make any changes
to dsource outside of the projects that you control (which I believe basically
means that all we can change are the pages for the active projects).

- Jonathan M Davis