Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 17 13:25:57 PDT 2014

You have a lot of good thoughts on this issue.

You have specific problems in mind but do not identify them other than in vague
terms. I guarantee that I am really, really bad at mindreading.

Instead, I would strongly prefer that you:

1. write bugzilla issues for the problems that you identify

2. connect those bugzilla issues regarding @safe with the 'safe' keyword

3. construct specific proposals for how to fix these issues. The proposals don't
actually have to be pull requests, just descriptions on the bugzilla pages for
how to fix.

4. write pull requests for the documentation

Even doing just one of 1..4 would be most appreciated. Merely asserting that
@safe is broken/buggy/etc. will not result in progress.