Swift does away with pointers == pervasive ARC

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 17 14:00:08 PDT 2014

On 6/17/2014 11:38 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> That isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for certain applications.

I do know that.

> Again, nobody's saying "ARC is definitely better/worthwhile".

Yes, they are, and the problems/costs of ARC are dismissed as either
insignificant or something that ordinary compiler technology can overcome.

I can't even get anyone to examine what code is generated for a DEC. It's like
arguing about the best route from Seattle to Denver while refusing to look at a map.