A Perspective on D from game industry

c0de517e via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 00:00:43 PDT 2014

> It is absolutely necessary to move to higher levels of
> abstraction in order to handle the increasing complexity of
> modern programs.

And this is 100% right, but people should be educated about
"premature abstraction". Have you seen the horrors of
"generalization"?

Especially C++ neophytes get so excited by pointless
generalization, then some grow out of it (studying other
languages also helps) but some never do.

We write a lot about powerful techniques and neat applications,
but often forget to show the perils and tradeoffs.