Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 03:11:40 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 09:16:32 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> From my experience, one of the reasons I haven't had much to do
> with the development of dmd is simply to compile dmd, druntime
> is not as straight forward as it could be.
> All I can say is with ddmd make it compilable with dub same
> goes with druntime. With a nice tutorial on how to set it all
> up on Windows/Linux ext.
> Preferably with a nice automated means of, this is how we make
> a release build for platform x.

I used this guide from the wiki some time back to start building
dmd/druntime/phobos and run their tests, pretty easy:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

Non-Windows builds are very easy.  Windows builds require a bit
too much manual configuration, I'll agree with that.

> It'll go along way. It really would. And anyway it'll really
> show off the power of dub ;)

Daniel should stick his D frontend up there as a library, even if
it isn't architected to be used as a library right now.  People
will find ways to use it and his translated code will get some
testing.