RFC: Value range propagation for if-else

Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 07:10:10 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 06:40:21 UTC, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> I got this thing working and I think it's about time I get some
> comments on it.

This is really cool. Good job!

One thing we need to be careful with is how this is specified.
Because of all the compile time introspection (e.g. __traits
compiles and now __traits intrange), this VRP needs to be
precisely specified otherwise you end up with incompatible
differences between different compiler front ends. I don't want
to see code compiling in one compiler, but not another like we do
in C++ (and if we do, I'd like it to be minimized).

If this goes in, the mechanisms by which is works need to be
added to the spec.