A Perspective on D from game industry

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 10:03:21 PDT 2014

Also I think all this discussion about template and generics
totally misses the point about meta-programming. It is not about
just code generation or replacing few type declarations, main
thing is compile-time reflection. The fact we use templates is
just a mere implementation details. What important is being able
to express complicated abstract relations between parts of your
program and allowing compiler to both verify it and optimize
based on that information. Boilerplate elimination without such
verification is not even closely as tempting.