A Perspective on D from game industry

c0de517e via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 12:08:15 PDT 2014

>> I think this is actually a flawed mentality that causes a lot
>> of long-term problems to all programmers. By resisting to
>> switch to languages simply because those are good we
>> inevitably get to the point of switching because it is forced
>> by some corporation that has bucks to create an intrusive
>> ecosystem. And despite the fact language itself can be
>> horrible no choice remains by then.
>
> This is, but that's how it works nevertheless. You don't
> succeed by arguing what the reality should be, but by accepting
> what it is and act accordingly.

Exactly. When I write that engineers have to understand how
market works it's not that I don't understand what's technically
good and bad, but that's not how things become successful. And
there's nothing wrong with the fact that soft factors matter more
than technical perfection, at all, because we make machines and
programs for people, not to look at how pretty they seem.